One Nation-One Election | एक देश -एक चुनाव: Election Commission has taken the option of rhythm in view of Prime Minister Modi’s plan of ‘One Nation-One Election‘. The commission has suggested ‘one year, one election’ instead of ‘one nation, one election’. According to this suggestion, all elections that take place in a year can be done together.
What is One Nation- One Election?
In December 2015, the Standing Committee of Parliament on the feasibility of holding elections together for the Lok Sabha and State Legislatures’ report recommends adopting an alternate and practical approach to organize elections simultaneously.
One India One Election: Concept
One nation, one election is generally for a proposed election reform for India, Instead of separate and continuous elections, elections in both the Lok Sabha and the states will be held in one election. Once again a debate over a nation-one election has increased. After the statement of Election Commissioner OP Rawat, the discussion has caught hold of whether the assembly elections will be held in the next Lok Sabha elections in 2019 as well.
Read Here : One Nation One Election Advantages
However, Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora says that the commission’s work is for election process and its preparations. For this, the change in law and related matters is to decide the parliament.
Latest News – One India-One Election | एक देश -एक चुनाव : जैसा की भारत के प्रधानमंत्री श्री नरेन्द्र मोदी ने अपनी सभाओ में कहा ह “एक देश-एक चुनाव” तो आने वाले 2019 लोक सभा और चार अन्य राज्यों में होने वाले विधानसभा चुनाव एक साथ होने कि सम्भावना हें| यधपि चुनाव आयोग कि तरफ से इसकी कोई आधिकारिक पुष्टि नही हुई हें | धन्यवाद्!
In this case, it is also going to look at whether the government is equally concerned about the responsibilities in its share, as much as the Election Commission. The Election Commission has said that it will be in this situation within a year that the Elections of Lok Sabha and Legislative assemblies in the country can be done together.
Read Here : One Nation One Election Disadvantages
This statement by the commission has strengthened the campaign of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in which he has said many times that we should make such arrangements to avoid the rotation of the election every day so that the Elections of 2019 Lok Sabha and the Legislative Assemblies are put together.
Pros and Cons of the One Nation-One Election
Pros of the One Nation-One Election
- The end of the 1-election cycle, where elections are held on an average of more than five states each year, and this results in heavy burden on parties and electoral machinery.
- Continued rising spending on elections will decrease. Government employees will not have to send repeatedly for the election
- Decrease in the use of policemen for conducting peaceful elections / peaceful elections
- Government process will be less obstructed
Cons of the One Nation-One Election
- Diversity and coalition politics will suffocate while democracy gets assertiveness and it affects the behavior and electoral consequences of voters.
- If there is a majority government in the center, then it will neutralize the anti-incumbency sentiment in states and the relations between the Center and the states will be owned by the owner and the customer.
- The role of regional parties will be reduced
Should India Adopt One India One Election?
There are several types of reactions coming up for the Adoption of One Nation-One Election. In the recent past, there is speculation on whether the 2019 Lok Sabha elections will be held prior to the discussion of Forest Nation, Forest Election. Many BJP leaders have also admitted that party leadership can think of the delay of making the party ahead of the Lok Sabha elections 2019.
According to the Policy Commission, about Rs 1,115 crore was spent on the Lok Sabha elections in 2009. While about Rs 3870 crores spent on the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. The total amount spent in the elections, including the expenditure incurred by the parties and candidates, is much more than the declared amount.
Also Read : One Nation One Election essay in Hindi यहाँ पढ़े
Will One Nation-One Election be More Beneficial For India?
Benefit From One Nation-One Election India would be beneficial in many ways:
- The commission will get rid of the preparation of elections again and again.
- Election expenses will be reduced in “One India-One Election“.
- Center and state governments can create policies together.
- There will be a voter list all over the country.
- The security forces in election duty will be free.
- Leaders who have been campaigning for election campaign will be free and they will be able to put them in constructive work.
Also read : Lok sabha election 2019 Opinion polls
If you have any Suggestions or views on “One India-One Election“ you can write in the Comment Box as given Bellow, We will Publish your Comment in our next article if our team will like your Comment or Opinion. Thanks !
Indian Election commission Official website : www.eci.nic.in